BSc in Physiotherapy
Diploma in Health Laboratory Science
BSc in Health Laboratory Science
Doctor in Medicine (MD)
Diploma in Occupational Therapy
Bsc in Physiotherapy
BSc in Prosthetics & Orthotics
Diploma in HIV and AIDS CARE
Bsc in Nursing
This course runs under the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine for four (4) years for direct entrants and three (3) years for the equivalent entrants.
Graduates from this programme are expected to have high Physiotherapy professional competence in clinical practice so as to raise the standards of health care services.
The candidates with diploma in physiotherapy will combine year two and year three contents during their second year and complete the course in 3 years.
Theory hours shall include lectures, discussion seminars and tutorials. Practical hours shall include practical demonstrations in the physiotherapy laboratory and Gymnasium, clinical bedside teaching and supervised clinical practice within the hospital and in the rehabilitation centers
- The programme aims to produce graduate physiotherapists enabled to:
- Promote health and social well being of individuals and groups through evidence based practices towards the assessment, treatment and evaluation of physiotherapy interventions.
- Provide physiotherapy services according to individual needs
- Manage physiotherapy services
- Work effectively as members of multi-disciplinary health care teams in either acute hospital, rehabilitation centers and community based settings.
- Conduct research within healthcare services.
- Adapt physiotherapy approaches to the changing health needs globally and in their own local settings.
- Enhance self physiotherapy continuous professional development
- Engage into physiotherapy education program by training others
All courses are taught in English. Therefore it is imperative that students are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. It is upon the candidate to satisfy oneself that he/she meets this important requirement and provides evidence thereof (e.g. TOEFL iBTTM score of 65 and above or equivalent) registering for any course at this college
- Ordinary Level Secondary Education Certificate with three credits or five passes in biology, chemistry and physics/mathematics
- Advanced level Secondary School Education certificate with at least two principals and a subsidiary and a minimum point aggregate of 4.5 in biology, chemistry and physics/mathematics
- Ordinary Level Secondary Education Certificate with three credit passes in biology, chemistry and physics/ mathematics.
- Advanced level Secondary School Education certificate with at least two principals in biology, chemistry and physics/mathematics.
- A Diploma in Physiotherapy certificate with an overall average of grade B or above from an approved and recognized institution by TCU or NACTE in anatomy, physiology, pathology, physiotherapy / therapeutic skills, and clinical practice during the period of diploma study