[two_third padding=”0 5px 0 0″]
The Faculty of Nursing offers a three year undergraduate programme leading to the award of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSc. N) degree of Tumaini University. The programme aims at educating nurses and midwives who have already undergone a basic training programme in Nursing Midwifery and Psychiatry it is designed to educate and produce nurses who will be able to address contemporary and future need of Tanzanians.
Nursing School also is located at KCMC Hospital compound in Moshi Kilimanjaro in the northern zone of Tanzania. The zone has diverse geophysical features, occupation, and human ethnicity that may contribute to disease characteristics. .lies on the foot of mountain Kilimanjaro, within a 30-min
Overall Programme Objectives
The graduate nurse will be equipped to work within the health care system and their roles will include the following
- Engage in professional nursing practice, utilizing a recognized nursing philosophy.
- Utilize the nursing process effectively in the delivery of health care services to all clients across their life-span and in all settings.
- Provide leadership and managerial skills for improvement of health and nursing care within her/his scope of practice.
- Engage in experiential learning through reflective practice and peer evaluation. Recognize the need for continuous personal and professional development in order to maintain competence in her/his practice. Conduct relevant research and publish findings to enhance education, practice and management in nursing
- To critique and utilize research results in improving nursing and health care.
- Apply scientific, political, economic and social science knowledge in analyzing and addressing professional and societal problems.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge, skills and competence in health promotion, risk prevention and reduction, and the management and care of clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of personal and professional values and recognize their impact on decision making and professional behavior as they relate to the provision of care of clients.
Demonstrate an understanding of how health care delivery systems are organized and financed and their effect on patient care services.
- Demonstrate competence in the teaching, planning, implementation and evaluation of educational and health programmes for a variety of clients in difference settings.
- To educate and produce nurses and midwives who will be able to address present and future health care needs of Tanzanians. Such Nursing Professionals should be able to fulfil the roles of Leadership, community oriented health nurse, educator and practitioner.