This course runs under the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine for four (4) years for both direct and equivalent entrants.
Graduates from this program are expected to have high Physiotherapy professional competence in clinical practice to raise the standards of health care services.
The candidates with a diploma in physiotherapy will combine year two and year three contents during their second year and complete the course in 3 years.
Theory hours shall include lectures, discussion seminars, and tutorials. Practical hours shall include practical demonstrations in the physiotherapy laboratory and Gymnasium, clinical bedside teaching and supervised clinical practice within the hospital and in the rehabilitation centers.
- The program aims to produce graduate physiotherapists enabled to:
- Promote the health and social well being of individuals and groups through evidence-based practices towards the assessment, treatment, and evaluation of physiotherapy interventions.
- Provide physiotherapy services according to individual needs
- Manage physiotherapy services
- Work effectively as members of multi-disciplinary health care teams in either acute hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and community-based settings.
- Conduct research in healthcare services.
- Adapt physiotherapy approaches to changing health needs globally and in their local settings.
- Enhance self physiotherapy continuous professional development
- Engage in physiotherapy education program by training others.
All courses are taught in English. Therefore it is imperative that students are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. It is upon the candidate to satisfy oneself that he/she meets this important requirement and provides evidence thereof (e.g. TOEFL iBTTM score of 65 and above or equivalent) registering for any course at KCMUCo.
Three principal passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with minimum entry of 6 points. Whereby one must have at least C grade in Chemistry and at least a D grade in Biology and E grade in Physics.
All equivalent applicants may apply for the above programs if they meet the requirements stated below:
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with at least Five (5) passes including two credit passes in Chemistry and Biology and a D grade in Physics PLUS appropriate Diploma or Advanced Diploma with an average of “B+’’ or GPA of 3.5
BSc (lower second) majoring in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology /Zoology.