To train suitable candidates to become competent, skilled and knowledgeable in Obstetric and Gynecologic diseases and conditions making them able to work independently as specialist anywhere in and out of the country.
Graduate in MMed Obstetrics and Gynaecology is expected to be able to work independently as a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology with an understanding of the scientific basis of Obstetrical and Gynaecological disease and have the knowledge, skills, attitude and ethics, related to the profession.
Exit levels available with respect to UQF description
(e.g. Higher Certificate, Higher Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, and M.Phil. etc. depending on the level of qualification. Refer to UQF table 2).
There will be only one final exit in this programme. The candidate will exit at UQF 9 and will be awarded MMed Obstetrics and Gynaecology degree, after passing all prescribed courses. The MMed will be conferred to candidates who meet all the KCMU-co of the Tumaini University Makumira requirements in not more than 5 years after their admission to MMed Obstetrics and Gynaecology programme.
Programme expected learning outcomes and their associated teaching/learning activities and assessment criteria
(learning outcomes should include knowledge, skills, and competencies as per UQF level descriptions. Refer to UQF table 4)
At the end of this course, residents will be able to;
- Describe the Anatomy and Physiology of the female reproductive system
- Describe the Pathophysiology of the female reproductive system disorders
- Interpret all Obstetrical and Gynaecological investigations both radiological and lab investigations.
- Demonstrate competency in the teaching of undergraduate medical students
and other allied health cadres
- Demonstrate high professional & ethical standards in the course of his
professional medical practice in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Demonstrate leadership and competency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and other related medical fields.
- Manage competently all general Obstetrical and Gynaecological conditions,
Reproductive Endocrinology, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Uro-gynaecology, Gyn-oncology, and common minimal invasive gynecological procedures
- Apply scientific knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and
biochemistry relevant to the needs of the Obstetrical and Gynaecological patient.
- Identify community Obstetrical and Gynaecological needs in the community and propose appropriate scientific interventions.
- Design and conduct clinical medical research competently relevant to the needs of the Obstetrical and Gynaecological patient and community.