3.3 Programme objectives and philosophy
Graduate in MMed Anaesthesiology is expected to be able to work independently as a specialist in anaesthesia and intensive care with an understanding of the scientific basis of perioperative conditions and have the knowledge, skills, attitude and ethics, related to the profession.
To train suitable candidates to become competent, skilled and knowledgeable in perioperative medicine and intensive care making them able to work independently as specialist anywhere in and out of the country.
3.4 Exit levels available with respect to UQF description
There will be only one final exit in this programme. Candidate will exit at UQF 9 and will be awarded MMed anaesthesiology degree, after passing all prescribed courses. The MMed will be conferred to candidates who meet all the KCMU-co of the Tumaini University Makumira requirements in not more than 5 years after their admission to Mmed anaesthesiology programme.
- Programme expected learning outcomes and its associated teaching/ learning activities and assessment criteria
At the end of this course, residents will be able to;
- Describe the Anatomy and Physiology of human body
- Describe the Pathophysiology of all surgical condition
- Interpret all investigations both radiological and lab investigations relevant in perioperative medicine.
- Demonstrate competency in the teaching of undergraduate medical students
and other allied health cadres
- Demonstrate high professional & ethical standards in the course of his
professional medical practice in anaesthesia
- Demonstrate leadership and competency in anaesthesia and intensive care
- Manage competently all patient perioperative
- Apply scientific knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and
biochemistry needed to anaesthetize patient.
- Design and conduct clinical medical research competently relevant to the needs of the patient and community.