Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College will conduct a short palliative care course training for healthcare workers and other health care related fields. The course is designed to provide essential competencies in knowledge, skills, and attitudes to key stakeholders implementing palliative care.
To provide basic knowledge, attitude, and clinical skills in palliative care needed to efficiently implement and maintain whole-person care for the spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being of patients and their families in order to improve their quality of life both in clinical and community settings as well as to produce health professional who can integrate palliative care in the continuum of care.
Expected Learning Outcome:
- Describe, the concepts and models of Palliative care
- Manage pain and other symptoms of patients in need of palliative care
- Promote multidisciplinary team in the treatment and care of patients with life-threatening diseases
- Communicate effectively to patients, their families, and the palliative care team to maintain an interpersonal relationship for the provision of quality palliative care services
- Demonstrate sensitivity to social-cultural differences and diversity in the care of patients and their families in the provision of Palliative Care services
- Apply the concept of palliative care emergencies and end-of-life care to refer patients and provide psychological support to families in grief and mourning.
The audience is nurses, Doctors, Clinicals officers, clinical assistants, Pharmacy tech/assistants, Pharmacists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, spiritual leaders, and other health-related disciplines.
Duration of the course
The course shall extend over a period of 10 working days. The system is accredited by the Tanzania Nurses and Midwifery Council (TNMC) and Medical Council of Tanganyika (MCT) with 25 CPD points. A certificate of completion will be awarded. The course will commence from 24th November- December 4th, 2022 at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUCo), KILIMANJARO
Venue: KCMUCO, KILIMANJARO
The actual fee is 500,000/= but half of the cost will be sponsored. Each participant should pay 250,000/= to KCMU College, Account No:017101001339 NBC BANK. The applicant should scan and submit a payment slip at least two weeks before the commencement of the course. Participants will bear Per-diem, and Travelling costs. KCMUCO will only cover Lunch and Breakfast for the whole duration of the course.
The prospective applicants must fill in the application form (Download Here). The duly filled application form, CV, and other accompanying information/attachments i.e., Certificate, Diploma, Advanced diploma, and degree certificates or above/equivalent in health-related fields should be submitted to the course coordinator via contact details indicated below.
The closing date for receiving applications is 12th Nov. 2022. –
All applications should be addressed to
Palliative Care Course Coordinator
P.O. Box 2240
Please send your application electronically using the following e-mail email@example.com
For further information and clarification, please contact +255787047867, +255784491622, and +255754754151